Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Our First Tree

Last night we decided we would run by Walmart to see if they had any pre-lit trees that were within our price range (which was anywhere from "free" to "not very much") and sure enough they had one! We got home and set it up. My great-grandma has a tradition of giving all of the grandkids an ornament every year, so luckily I had those and some my mom had kept that I made in elementary school that we could decorate with so it wasn't bare. I pulled them out of the box and Casey placed them ever-so-fabulously on the tree. He was very concerned he was going to mess up the placement of them somehow but I think he did just great :] Here is the finished product! Also, you may notice the angel on the top. It came from my great-great grandma, and I believe she made it. It's a little creepy but it's special!




Love to all
xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Cute! I Iove sentimental ornaments! Speaking of ornaments, I do have a bunch that I don't use. They are mostly brown balls. If you want them, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more thing, I hope I didn't offend you guys by my comment on the family blog, I was just trying to be funny. It's hard to do that is words though isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No I thought it was funny! I laughed when I read it :] No offense taken! As for the ornaments, I think we got it pretty well covered. It's kind of a little tree and I think if we put anything more on it, it might look silly... maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nastalgic tree. I do agree on the slightly creepy angel, however, it's better than no angel right? ;) Plus, you are doing much better than Ben and I when we were first married, we didn't get our first tree until our 3rd Christmas....we're lame! Oh, and no ornaments until the 4th! That means we've only had a tree with ornaments for 3 Christmases!

    ReplyDelete