Thursday, March 24, 2011

Our Trip to the Aquarium!

One day, Casey and I had the morning off, and we decided to go to here to an aquarium we had seen in Sandy once when we were driving around. We weren't sure what to expect, and we didn't really want to get our hopes up in case it was lame. We were both very pleasantly surprised by what we found inside! I wish I had brought my other camera, but my phone pictures will just have to do for now! Sorry that some of them are so dark.

This little guy kept swimming back and forth, and he would smash his cheek up against the glass as he swam. He just looked so happy!



This one was really shiny and glowy and fun



This lobster was HUGE! He was probably a good 1.5 to 2 feet long. His claws were so big that he appeared to be stuck in the corner of the tank!



This little thing was awesome! You can see the little glowing spots that look like eyes but there is a little ball on top that was glowing too and looked really awesome, but my camera just couldn't caputre the awesomeness.




These guys were fun neat. They look very old and very wise to me... even though Casey laughed at me when I told him that.


These ones were awesome because they are dark and their tank was dark but they had this really pretty orange shimmer all over them! I don't know if you can see his face, but they all seemed to be very angry fish.



They had a really cool set up for this eel, with this meter that would tell you when he was electrocuting something. It would show you how intense it was, and if it was strong enough, you could actually hear it!



This was a cute little stingray just sitting in a corner by herself (I decided it's a "she" because those polka dots are just too cute to be on a boy!)



This guy looked like one of those Asian men with the long mustaches. He was silly :]







These cute little guys were making us laugh but they wouldn't jump in the water! I waited and waited, so I could get a better picture of them, but they just kept tricking me.



This fella was just chillin' on a log, with his back end floating around in the water!







They had some really awesome jelly fish tanks, with really neat lighting, and the jelly fish were glowing all sorts of neat shades, but my camera just couldn't pick it up very well. The other tank was cooler, but it was way to dark to see anything in the picture... shucks!


They also had a really neat tank that was only up to the middle of my thighs and it had stingrays in it that you could touch as they swam passed! It was so cool! They also let you feed them if you buy the food. We were there right before feeding time, so the stingrays were all antsy, wanting to be fed, so they kept swimming up the side of the tank, almost like they were trying to escape, but they would poke up past the edge of the tank by probably 6 inches or so! They were friendly little buggers!

There was a little girl standing by me at the shark tank, and she turned to me, and in her little voice (and not being able to say her "r"s she asked me "do you weally believe in shawks?" I couldn't even answer, I just laughed because she was so cute!

We had a lot of fun, and it was overall a neat little place. A lot of the fun though was seeing all the reactions of the kids around us, so I think next time we'll have to take nieces and nephews or something!

Hope everyone is happy and healthy!

Love to all
xoxo

1 comment:

  1. The good ol' aquarium. We had a pass there. It just barley expired. It's pretty neat. I am surprised how well the pictures from you phone turned out.

    ReplyDelete